Douglas Elliman HQ adds new marketing exec
Douglas Elliman announced August 12 that it had hired Stephanie Garbarini as its new vice president of marketing. Garbarini will work out of the firm’s New York City headquarters on strategy behind Douglas Elliman’s brand management and market positioning in New York as well as other markets where it operates, including South Florida.
Garbarini has previously held roles in the marketing departments of major retailers like J. Crew, Liz Claiborne, Barneys and the Ascena Retail Group. She also worked for The Regent in Chicago helping to build brand loyalty.
“I’m so excited to be a part of the Douglas Elliman family and for the opportunity to work with this powerful global brand,” Garbarini said according to a press release on her hire. “I have always had a passion for real estate, and I look forward to bringing my strengths, knowledge and relationships to the firm. There is so much creative talent here in the marketing division, and I couldn’t not be happier to take on this new challenge.”
Amy Ballon named 2000 Ocean sales director
On July 25, 2019, KAR Properties and Fortune Development Sales Group named a veteran in the South Florida real estate industry, Amy Ballon, as the director of sales for 2000 Ocean, according to a press release by KAR Properties.
As an expert with more than 24 years of experience in luxury pre-construction development sales, Ballon will manage sales and marketing initiatives for the property’s 64 residences.
“KAR Properties has identified a unique opportunity to build a truly exceptional development in a prime location,” said Ballon. “Hallandale Beach continues to evolve as a prime oceanfront real estate location, with its central location, beautiful beaches, as well as the rising number of high-end brands and eateries. I’m thrilled to be on board with this team to help bring this resort-style development to the market.”
Ballon has worked with the nation’s largest builders and developers in a variety of markets, provided expert sales and marketing management to her clients in over 15 developments in South Florida’s renowned communities and became the vice president of ONE Sotheby’s International Realty’s development division in Broward County in 2013.
“We’re certain that Amy’s innovative ideas and broker relationships along with her keen ability to lead a sales team will be the perfect fit to conclude the sellout of this incredible oceanfront property,” Edgardo Defortuna, President and CEO of Fortune International Group said.
Seven new associates join Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices EWM Realty’s Pinecrest-Palmetto Bay branch
On August 12, Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices EWM Realty announced seven associates — Richard Canales, Frederic Dugourd, Carlos Flores, Juan Flores, Yeisel Rodriguez, Patricia Gail Sanders, and Rebeca Tinoco — were added to the company’s Pinecrest-Palmetto Bay branch, located at 12751 South Dixie Highway, according to a press release by the company.
Prior to joining the brokerage, here is what the associates have mastered or still actively achieving:
- With 14 years of real estate experience, combat veteran Richard Canales previously worked for FairFax Realty ERA and is a member of the Miami Association of Realtors, serving on the organization’s Military Affairs committee.
- A native of Dijon, France, Frederic Dugourd was formerly a real estate associate with Weichert Realtors.
- Carlos Flores currently serves T J USA, LLC as an administration director and managing partner. Juan Flores, a Cuban native, also works there as a managing partner and is an active member of the Cary’s Hope for Education Foundation.
- Also originally from Cuba, Yeisel Rodriguez is working as a general manager for Developing New Horizons Inc.
- As a Certified Negotiation Expert, Patricia Gail Sanders previously worked as a real estate associate with Fannie Hillman & Associates and is a member of the Florida Association of Realtors and National Association of Realtors.
- From Nicaragua, Rebecca Tinoco worked as an administrative assistant for the Bellini condominium and is an active member of the Miami Association of Realtors.